Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tasty Thursday



Today is going to be tasty Thursday. I have had several requests for dessert recipes and breakfast recipes so I have been working on some great items that are delicious and steer you away from the same ol’ same.

I have a hanging strawberry plant that is popping out strawberries all over the place. I am quite surprised to be honest because I do NOT have a green thumb! The other night I picked a few and came up with a scrumptious treat that is awesome when served right out of the freezer.



Ingredients
6-8 Strawberries (more if you would like)
3 TBSP Greek Yogurt (I used vanilla)
¼ Old fashioned Oats
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Water

Directions

Spray a heated pan with non-stick cooking spray and add oats. Spray to coat the oats and cook for about 2 minutes. Mix cinnamon, vanilla and water in a bowl then pour over the oats. Stirring frequently, cook for another 2-3 minutes, until crispy. Dip strawberries in the yogurt and then roll in the oats. Enjoy or place in the freezer for 15 minutes and then enjoy!


The next recipe that I tried was last night for dinner and I am in L-O-V-E! I could eat this for every meal (well I had it for lunch AND dinner yesterday!) 





Ingredients

1 cup Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
5 spears Asparagus
4 oz ground extra lean ground turkey (cooked)
4 oz baked sweet potato
4 grape tomatoes
1 tsp fresh garlic

Instructions

Spray a skillet with non-stick spray. Add garlic and asparagus and sauté until tender. Add zoodles, ground turkey, sweet potatoes and cook until warmed through. Add tomatoes and heat for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!



Now this is my hubby’s new favorite! The pesto is quite delicious and much lower in fat than normal pesto.


Ingredients
2 cups Spinach, fresh
2 TBSP Almond butter, crunchy
1 TBSP Parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt to taste

Directions

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor (I use our nutribullet) and process until smooth. Serve over noodles, rice, zoodles or whatever you would like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment