Friday, June 13, 2014

A Tribute to Fathers


Top of the Mornin' to ya and happy Friday! I am so excited to see this week come to an end and look forward to an eventful weekend with it being Fathers Day!  I have a post devoted to my papa and all those other amazing daddy's out there! Whether you have been a dad for many years, are about to be a papa for the first time or are a proud daddy of a four-legged furry kid, you all deserve to be loved and appreciated for all that you do! This post is dedicated to my hero... My dad!



He is the most amazing man in the world. He is my confidant, my friend, my crutch, my everything and I do not know where I would be with out him by my side. He is and always will be the number one man in my life (except for my hubby!) and I know with out a doubt that if ever I fall, he will be there to pick me up, skinned knees and all. From the earliest days he has been encouraging me to become anything I want to be as long as it makes me happy.


One of my favorite stories with my dad is from the Christmas of Third grade. I opened a few presents of brushes and horse books among other "horse things." The last present he handed me was a wrapped shoe box and I still remember the smirk that spread across his mustached face! I unwrapped the box and opened it only to find horse poop! Yep ya heard me...Horse poop for Christmas. I had no idea why I was getting poo for a present until the next morning when he brought me Maggie Mae, the greatest pony on earth, and all his scheming made sense!


He put me high on my 1st pony when I was too little to climb up on my own, he hauled me to every dang 4-H or Pony Club show in the Northwest with a smile on his face and sat there watching patiently. Little does he know I have been watching him in admiration for years and I will never be able to tell him how much he means to me nor will I ever be able to describe how much I love him. My dad has picked up the pieces when everything shattered at once, he has been there, no questions asked, when I needed help out of a sticky situation, and he has pushed me when I felt like giving up and throwing in the towel.



I have watched my dad work his butt off for his family and never complain about it nor give up when times got a little rocky. I am proud to say I am like my dad for I have his drive and determination and his Type-A personality (never thought I would say I'm proud of this but...). I love the way my dad will call out of the blue because he is driving somewhere and just wants to check in and even though my mom and sister will agree, my dad will never ever let you go hungry! Especially if you are at the house and he is making Spaghetti and meatballs! :)

I remember baking my dad something when I was about 14 and it was taking FOREVER and he looked at me and said, "Great things take time Jamey. You took 9 months." Every time I think about this, my eyes begin to well up with tears. Thank you dad for everything! Thank you for being my rock when I needed to be strong. Thank you for being my leader when I needed guidance. Thank you for my friend when everyone else walked out on me. Thank you for funding my many expensive hobbies :) Thank you for giving me everything I have and making me into what I am today. I am a strong healthy independent woman wishing for the world and chasing her dreams because of you. You have allowed me to spread my wings and fly.

Thank you.

I love you!

J




No comments:

Post a Comment