Tuesday, June 17, 2014

10 Day YOU Challenge- 8 Fears




Holy smokes! Can you believe that we are already into the third week of June?! Where in the world does time go? I forgot to post number eight in the 10 day YOU challenge last week so here it is! Thank you for the kind words and the feedback about this particular challenge. I hope you are trying it out for yourself! Some of them are kinda hard to come up with!

1. Failure… I am a bit of an overachiever and I expect only 110% of myself in everything I do! This has been a blessing and a curse my whole life. I love a challenge and I love accomplishing anything I put my mind too but there are times it takes me 387 times to do so. Realizing that failure is part of life but also realizing it is not permanent and knowing that you can finish something even if you have failed at it the past will be a life saver.

2. Rats! I absolutely can not stand rats (or mice for that matter). When we were little, our neighbor told a story about rats coming up through the plumbing and were seen in toilets in nearby areas. Ever since then, my biggest fear is that a rat will come out of the toilet or be seen swimming in a port-a-potty! I can't even write this without cringing!

3.  Not being able to have children of my own. When I was in 2nd grade, the assignment was to write down your dream job and draw a picture of what it looked like. Mine was to be a mommy. I love kids and have always wanted to have my own. Plus these hips have to be good for something!

4. The world ending… I know that sounds nuts but they make all of these movies that show the world ending and it makes me paranoid. I have actually avoided watching those movies as much as possible. I’m such a worry wart! I spend my time worrying about crap that never ever happens! lol

5. Cotton. Not cotton like cotton balls but the cotton that comes stuffed in pill/vitamin bottles. I absolutely can NOT stand that stuff. The texture of it grosses me out and every time I open a new bottle, my hubby has to come get that crap outta there and quick!

6. Not having a purpose. I want to feel important and make a huge difference in the lives of those around me. I want to help others achieve goals, feel wonderful about themselves and realize that everyone has a purpose! Some teach, some do, some build or create. Whatever it may be, I never want to feel like I do not have a purpose or that I am not living a purposeful life.

7. Deep Water. I love to wake board and have spent several summers doing so BUT the second I crash, I want that damn boat turned around and at my side immediately! My mind creates all sorts of scenarios about what is about to bite my leg off when I am floating in the lake. I will not swim in a pool by myself especially if it has a deep end for the same fear EVEN THOUGH I can see the bottom.

8.  Losing my loved ones (or anyone). I am extremely lucky and blessed to have all of you amazing people in my life and my biggest fear would be to lose one. I love and I love hard. My family and friends mean the world to me and the thought of one no longer being there devastates me. I am going to stop before I start getting too emotional!

There ya have it... Eight of my fears! But now for a favorite! Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment