Friday, August 29, 2014

Catch-Up and Confidence...



Good Mornin! First, I want to apologize to all you dedicated readers that support this blog. I am sorry for the long break and lack of posts. Life happened and I lost all track of time and with the amount of travel that has consumed my summer, I couldn't keep up with everything as hard as I tried! But I am back and I am so happy to be so! I have A LOT to share with you including new recipes, awesome exercises, wonderful nutrition information and so much more!  

I want to kick off today's post with my thoughts on fear and confidence. Defined by Merriam-Webster, Fear is defined as "to be afraid of (something or someone)" and "to expect or worry about (something bad or unpleasant)". Confidence is defined as "a feeling or belief that you can do something well or succeed at something" and "a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances". 

I have many fears and I have posted about them HERE. I have spent countless hours worrying about stuff that never even happens (raise your hand if you have NOT done this!) I have worried what so-and-so might think of this or that. I have been afraid of letting other people down at the expense of my own happiness and I have kept my ideas hidden for fear of ridicule. Fear can debilitate your hopes, dreams and goals if you allow it. 

On the other hand, confidence...in yourself, your actions, in your plans and dreams can overcome those fears and propel you forward as if you just landed on a booster in Mario Kart! You see, confidence is a funny thing. As outlined above, when you feel confident in your own skin, when you believe with all your heart that you will succeed, nothing can deter you from where you are going. You do not listen to the voices that say 'you can't do it' or the people who may try to bring you down. You feel and rely on your own powers to navigate the uncharted waters ahead. 

Are you wondering why am I writing about fear and confidence? Because this blog is all about helping you feel and look your best emotionally, spiritually, and physically! Do not be afraid to put yourself out there and try something new! Go after what you have always wanted! Be the best version of YOU!

Now for a quick yummy recipe that hits the spot when you are feeling like a fiesta! Shrimp, cilantro, and avocado with brown rice.


Take care of you!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment