- 1. Schedule it in like you would a dentist, doctor or hair appointment. That may require setting the alarm (or 4) in order to get out of bed in the morning and get to the gym or an early morning cycle class. Not your style, no problem! Get an awesome DVD and workout in your living room or call a friend and set up a time to meet right after work and hit the local trail or park and use your body weight for a workout.
- 2. Layer up in long sleeves and leg warmers if the cool weather prevents you from getting in a workout groove. For one, you will be nice and toasty on the way to work out and your warm-up time will be less when you are layered up. Plus have you ever worked out in a sweatshirt and leg warmers, talk about sweat city!
- 3. Hire a trainer. You may know how to use the machines and free weights, but having an accountability coach will make it easier for you to get up and get it done.
- 4. Keep a log. Hang up a calendar where it is obvious and you will pass it throughout your day. Mark a big red ‘X’ on the days that you do not work out. After seeing two or three of those bad boys, you will definitely want to get your butt in gear!
- 5. Keep your beats fresh. Changing up your playlist on your iPod/phone can make a significant difference during your workout! Don’t know where to look? Spotify and Slacker both offer free workout playlists or ask a friend if they can help you out with providing a copy of their favorite playlist.